IBC Re-Opening Guidelines
Israel Baptist Church
General Guidelines for Re-opening of the Church for Worship Services
The guidelines contained in this document are based on what is currently known about the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19). The purpose and goal of these guidelines are to establish and maintain a safe environment for our Church family to return to worshipping in our building.
Consistent with the general interim guidance from Federal and local authorities, the Church will restrict the number of members to attend service and other gatherings in a face to face setting as required.
Safety and Social Distancing
- All members and staff entering the Church will be required to wear the appropriate PPE (face mask and gloves if necessary), and practice social distancing. Everyone should avoid touching their face, including their eyes, nose, and mouth, particularly until after they have thoroughly washed their hands.
- When entering, the face mask shall already be adorned. The mask does not have to be of the surgical kind but just a cloth mask to keep persons safe in your immediate area.
- The mask is to be worn at all times while in the Church.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay-at-home.
- Hand sanitizer (located in the foyer) will be used upon entrance to the building and as needed.
- All members will be required to enter and exit in one dedicated entrance to the
- Entry shall be through the designated doors of the front entrance only.
- Signage shall be placed for giving directions.
- The elevator will not be in use since entrance into the building is only on the upper level.
- Directions for exiting the Sanctuary after service shall be given from the Pulpit.
- Members will employ social distancing of six (6) feet as much as is feasible in all areas of the Church. This will include the Sanctuary, hallways, restrooms, and foyer.
- Designated seating will be marked in the Sanctuary.
- Family members may sit together.
- Signage will be placed to remind members of no shaking of hands and hugging at this time as part of the social distancing practices and safety measures.
Tithes and Offerings
- The tithes boxes shall be used only at this time within the Sanctuary to collect the tithes and offerings. NO COLLECTIONS FROM USHERS!
- Request an envelope from the Usher as you enter the Sanctuary if necessary.
- You may continue to use online giving via PayPal or Givelify.
Cleaning of the entire Sanctuary, Foyer, Bathrooms, and Offices will take place Monday through Friday. Lysol and Clorox Wipes will be used to sanitize areas. Disinfecting of the Sanctuary will be done on a continuous basis using Lysol.