IBC Re-Opening Guidelines
Sunday In-Person Worship Service
The guidelines contained in this document are based on what is currently known about the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19). The purpose and goal of these guidelines are to establish and maintain a safe environment for our Church family to return to worshipping in our building.
Cleaning for Re-entry
- Before the doors are re-opened for Worship Service, the Church shall be professionally cleaned by Pro Clean Xtreme, LLC. Areas include the Sanctuary, foyer, restrooms and offices located on the upper level.
- Air purifiers shall be placed in the Sanctuary and the foyer.
- Daily cleaning of all surfaces shall continue to be performed by the Church’s custodial services.
- Worship Service will begin at 11:00 a.m. on August 1st.
- Members may begin entering the Church at 10:30 a.m. for temperature checks and signing in, which shall be used only for contract tracing. This will be handled by the Health Ministry.
- Members will then proceed to the Sanctuary and follow the instructions from the Usher Ministry for entering the Sanctuary for seating.
- The Usher Ministry will not perform the collection of tithes and offerings. You may drop your contribution envelopes in the designated locked boxes as you enter the Sanctuary.
- You may continue to use Online Giving via PayPal or Givelify.
- Communion shall be prepackaged by the Deaconess Ministry and available for you to pick up as you enter the Sanctuary.
- Directions for exiting the Sanctuary after the Benediction shall be given from the Pulpit.
- Service will also be livestreamed via the Church’s Website (i.e., israelbaptistchurch.org), Zoom (https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89150728913?pwd=aFNDdGNMSnczTGVTWG01NnVRTWZ1dz09) and the Church’s NEW Facebook page (Make sure that you search on Israel Baptist Church – DC). You will see a picture of the church sanctuary.
Safety and Social Distancing
- All members entering the Church will be required to wear the appropriate PPE (face mask and gloves if necessary) and practice social distancing. Everyone should avoid touching their face, including their eyes, nose and mouth, particularly until after they have thoroughly washed their hands.
- When entering the church, the face mask shall already be adorned. The mask does not have to be of the surgical kind, but just a cloth mask to keep persons safe in your immediate area.
- Masks shall be made available if required upon entry.
- The mask is to be worn at all times while in the Church.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
- Hand sanitizing stations (located in the foyer), will be used upon entrance to the building as needed.
- Members will employ social distancing as much as is feasible in all areas of the Church. This will include the Sanctuary, hallways, restrooms, and foyer.
All members will be required to enter AND exit in one dedicated entrance to the Church.
- Entry shall be through the designated doors of the front entrance ONLY.
- Entry shall be through the Sanctuary shall be through the main doors.
- The elevator will not be in use since entrance into the building is only on the upper level.
- Assistance for senior members who may need to park on the back parking lot shall be made available through the assistance from the Security Team and use of the Church van to shuttle them to the front entrance.
- Parking on Saratoga Avenue shall also be available.
- Designated seating will be marking in the Sanctuary.
- The Usher Ministry shall assist in the seating of the members. Note that family members may sit together.
- Bibles, hymnals and contribution envelopes have been removed from the back of the pews to reduce touching of items and surfaces.
- Contribution envelopes will be available in the foyer ONLY.
- Sunday bulletins (e.g., Programs will not be available. The Order of Service and announcements will be announced by the Worship Leader.
Sunday Services available via:
Zoom Conference Call @ 301-715-8592 | Meeting ID: 891 5072 8913 |Passcode: 497668
Regular Conference Call @ 425-436-6364 | Access Code: 242739#
Church Website @ www.israelbaptistchurch.org | Click on Livestreaming then Facebook Page (NOTE: You do not need a Facebook account to use this option)
YouTube Channel: JV Moody Outreach, Facebook Live: JVM Outreach
Bible Study | Every Wednesday @ 7:00 PM via be available via Zoom @
Conference Call @ 301-715-8592 | Meeting ID: 870 0910 0149 | Passcode: 408402
You can also send via U.S. mail at 1251 Saratoga Avenue, NE, Washington, DC 20018.